Wednesday 27 February 2013

MBBS : Year One


“This piece of wordplay is strictly for people of medical profession because only they can relate to and understand it.”




I still remember the day,
When the burning sun felt cool,
I would soon be a doctor,
I was happy, I was a fool,
My first step in college,
Was greeted by a swear,
Hairs chopped to minimal,
Living in constant fear,
As I took up the book,
BDC was its name,
I knew MBBS is hell,
And life was never the same,
I spent hours thinking,
What the Guyton tried to say,
And whatever I grasped,
Was soon washed away,
I had a look at harper,
I didn’t knew what to do,
I tried to grab it all,
And all away it flew,
Days turned in nights,
Nights rolled into days,
Came knocking on my door,
The frightening month of May,
I had a pile of books,
Sitting in front of me,
But all I could remember,
Was a word called ‘supply’,
I went in for viva,
Not a bone I could explain,
My months of toiling hard,
I felt were all in vain,
I do not how I did,
Clear the year I had,
It should have been terrible,
But it didn’t end so bad,
I began a new year,
Feeling a doc I am,
But 9 to 12 of torture,
Showed I never can,
I had a look at pharma,
The book was called KDT,
Drugs, drugs, drugs and drugs,
My brain just cried empty,
As I picked up the weight,
Robbins was its name,
I got that sinking feeling,
This year is the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment