Monday 6 May 2013

I can be the change

 "A poem for those who crib about system but do nothing to change it. Remember, the change begins at individual level. If we try, we can collectively change anything"

 
Ever since I was a little kid,
I heard everyone say it’s all over now,
Things will get only worse,
Nothing will change any way, anyhow,
I felt depressed and thought to self,
I have to toil hard and make my escape,
But with time, I realized,
I am the one that shall bring the change.

I can be the change,
The change they thought shall never come,
I can be the change,
The change that will get justice done,
I can be the change,
The change to unearth hidden lies,
I can be the change,
The change to make this nation fly.

I can be the change,
The change that can help find the crooks,
I can be the change,
The change to bring guilty to book,
I can be the change,
The change to save the sacred lives,
I can be the change,
Cause inside me that change survives.

I can be the change,
The change to light up darkened streets,
I can be the change,
The change to stop the murder of trees,
I can be the change,
The change to filter the water we drink,
I can be the change,
The change to change more to think.

4 comments:

  1. I can be the change
    cause inside me that change survives...
    Thats the attitude... reading your previous two poems I felt a whiff of positive air coming from you and I guess you have provided the answer for what needs to be done.

    Small things matter much..
    keep the spirits high!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dismay and worry has to be sorted out and not be whined about, and the poem preaches the right attitude. Good write. Good concept. Keep it up.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If each one of us can be the change we want to see, we will not have to blame the 'system'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If each one of us can be the change we want to see, we will not have to blame the 'system'.

    ReplyDelete