Sunday 14 April 2013

Poisonous words

Angry, disturbed I sit in the dark,
Feeling my life is a worthless junk,
Every memory now seems an error,
Was every step taken drunk?

I fear the morning that lies ahead,
Fear my hours of working there,
I tremble walking through that door,
The confident me, now hides in fear.

So what if I made a mistake,
I am a human, can’t I err?
But the way you bullied me,
Makes me question my own worth.

Your words like knife, did chop my smile,
Decibel high, they cut and maim,
With head hung low, I fumble more,
Your spit on me validates the claim.

I wish you could be a helping hand,
Pat my back and say it’s fine,
I wish you could remember the quote,
To err is human, to forgive is divine.










5 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!!! Your words have done justice to the Injustice done at workplace by way of verbal abuse! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely poem...... And more than anything, u have expressed what a large chunk of folks feel at and about their workplace.......

    Loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely poem...... And more than anything, u have expressed what a large chunk of folks feel at and about their workplace.......

    Loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete